Friday, July 6, 2012

Marathon Training Week 5 Day 3

This morning was VERY warm and muggy from the early morning dew but I planted my feet firmly on the floor at 5:20am in order to be on the streets by 5:30am. I am actually loving my early morning runs because it is so peaceful with me, that lady that always walks with a coffee mug in her hand, the birds and yes...the paper dudes. We are all getting to know each other LOL.

Today was a normal 40 minute run at the pace of my choosing. This morning I chose a pace a little slower than my 5k lung blowing pace. I felt very comfortable from the gitgo EXCEPT for a sore hiney from my Wednesday GISG legs/core workout. yes, I still have some muscle soreness and I can tell you every muscle that was worked.

I was shooting for negative splits just because I felt like it and because I can. RAWK! I was not disappointed and here are my stats:

40:20; 12:15 av pace; 1/1 intervals; 300 cals burned; splits: 12:53; 12:15; 11:30; 9:56

Oh ya babee!!!! RAWK!

Feelin fine and feelin strong and feelin GIDDY!!!!!!!

Next up 6 mile long run Sunday for cutback week with hubby at our favorite bike path. Woot!

Until then...

Toodles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment