Tuesday, January 8, 2019

C25k W6D1 Oh my lawd!!!

Ok, so the Holidays and getting a new pup interrupted my blogging but not my fitness goals. I am back to normal posting. I think.

I have been racking up the fitness minutes and hit 1500 minutes on SparkPeople by Jan 7!! I LOVE movement! It took me awhile to fully embrace working out but after MONTHS it is like brushing my teeth. Normal activity. It is a set non-negotiable appointment with myself.

Today was another milestone in my personal journey of running a 5k straight through without walking. Before I had always used run/walk intervals so this is a completely different animal. New mindset. New physical challenges. I would say I am about 2/3 of the way through this C25k training. I do each C25k week two weeks or 6 sessions. I want to build my endurance safely and slowly. I have had absolutely zero glitches in my hips, legs, ankles and feet. I thank my extensive strength training for that. PLUS my new running form knowledge I learned last summer.

Today was W6D1 and it is as follows:

5 min warm up walk
12 min run
3 min walk
12 min run
5 min cool down

It looks easy when you read it but when you actually do it...I play mind games with myself. I love how the gentleman that does this particular training program knows exactly when you may need a mental boost.


My pace and cadence is slowly but surely increasing. I like it.

My day today


I slayed the treadmill monster!

Tomorrow brings my weekly legs/abs workout along with my usual walking. At this point, I am feeling very confident I will finish this C25k program especially since I ran double digit minutes TWICE. That is so huge for me.

Onward!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment