Sunday, January 6, 2019

Rockin' 2018 in my beloved Skirt Sports!

Oh what a year it has been! After starting the year in the middle of my weight loss phase I continued strong and met my goal in August! The photo below shows exactly what determination and hard work rewards you with!! I began this journey October 17 after packing on 40 lbs of stress weight after losing my father unexpectedly and dealing with my husband's two cancers. I came to a crossroads where I needed to decide which road I was going to travel. I chose health!


I am so proud of myself and feel 500% motivated to continue with my healthy lifestyle. I am now back to running after a 3 year hiatus. I also do three strength training sessions per week along with just plain old walking. I also cleaned up my nutrition considerably and that goes hand in hand with fitness! I feel absolutely amazing!!!!


This is a collage showing my 2018 in progress. Skirt Sports athletic clothing is a huge part of my motivation as I use Skirt Sports as my catalyst. Feeling amazing in quality clothing is a huge part of the process.

My 2019 plans include my C25k training working towards my goal of running a 5k nonstop. That is something I have never attempted as I used run/walk intervals in my previous running career. Since I started back to running I want to see exactly what my body can do with proper conditioning. I also took a running form class summer of 2018 and it was eye opening as to exactly how I was running WRONG! With my new knowledge my cadence and pace has increased. I am halfway through my training and is place I have never been. This week brings week 6 which is two 12 min run/2 min walk. I have never ever done that in my life!

I am already registered for a Fall half marathon during the Quad Cities Marathon (Moline, IL). In 2010 the QCM half was my FIRST out of 30 half  marathons I completed to date. QCM marathon in 2013 was also my Marathon Maniac qualifier. This racing event is so meaningful to me. Now, with my comeback QCM half will be my first coming back. I have come full circle!

I also use kyrawilliamsfitness.com for my complete program...nutrition and fitness. Kyra is KEY to my success. I use her C2F program which provides an extremely supporting group of ladies in a private Facebook group. I also get PERSONALIZED attention from Kyra herself. She lives in Tampa and I live in Illinois but you would never think of the distance between us. Her vast knowledge is golden.

If you are interested in Skirt Sports apparel I have a 15% discount for you as I am also a Skirt Sports ambassador...an honor I cherish. Below is a link and my discount. Enjoy!!!!

Skirt Sports sale link

My referral code: 1218Laur (copy & paste)

No comments:

Post a Comment