Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Adoption Option 5k June 23, 2012

Running 5k races are not my most favorite things to do but there are a few that I do run. One of them is Adoption Option 5k right here in my hometown of Coal Valley, IL. The race course consists of streets I frequent often and it does involve some pretty challenging hills.

The race director is a young man that is adopted and has grown up with WONDERFUL parents. I befriended the family who happens to own a local garden nursery and because of that I am always awarded Bib No. 1. I deem it an honor to do so.

It takes a whopping 5 minutes to get to the race start and the race runs pretty much by our house. If it weren't for the hills at the very end I would rock this race but alas I poop out at the end just like alot other folks.

This year our grandchildren Addison and Evan are spending the week with us and so Addy ran the kid's race while I hammered out the 5k.

 Trying my best to crank up The Hill


 At last!


 Addy and myself before her race


 At the starting line


 Addy coming in for her finish!


Addy's finishing bling!

My finishing time was 32:32 which is just about right for my 5k finishing times. I am rather attached to them LOL. The next morning...12 mile marathon training long run. Hope my legs aren't like lead after today's run!

Until then...

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. What a great experience to get to share with your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete