Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Marathon Training Week 3 Long run

It is the EARLY morning after my 5k and I am ready to roll at 5am for my 12 mile long run for week 3 of marathon training. This week I am opting to stay close to home as opposed to group run since our grandchildren our here for the week and I want to stay close to them.


The only problem is there are thunderstorms in the area moving our way. So, off to the streets I go to get what I can done. My legs were like lead the first mile as I knew they would be but they loosened up nicely after that. What is that I hear coming closer? Yep, thunder. At this point I am at mile 3 so lets crank out another one. It's now 6am and plenty of time to get all of my 12 miles done...yet today LOL. At mile 4 there are flashes of lightning and that is when i head back to the house. I don't do lightning.


After feeding the grands and my newly diagnosed diabetic husband while still fully decked out in running gear (and wearing an apron LOL) I check the radar and there is still a while until I can get back out. We still aren't even getting any BADLY NEEDED rain but it is starting to dribble.


It is not 10 am and I can hit the streets again to finish out my 12 miles. That is easily done and in the end I felt like I could go even further. That is exactly the feeling I want. Score!


Stats: 12 miles; 2:35:59 (2/1 intervals) 13:00 av pace (perfect); 1075 cals torched


splits:  13:00, 12:48, 13:07, 12:57, 12:55, 12:58, 13:17, 13:05, 12:52, 12:32, 13:07, 13:15


Next week with training group...14 miles. I will get up EARLY and crank out about 4-5 miles before heading over to group so I don't finish up so late since I am one of the slowest runners. It totally works for me!


Until then...


Toodles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment