Thursday, June 14, 2012

This butterfly has emerged from the funk cocoon!

Finally, after weeks if not months of being in a constant state of a funky funk I have emerged like a butterfly. I am in the brightness once again and I am embracing it. At least this time it started in the latterpart of winter as opposed to the entire winter last year. I was in tiptop toned shape around the time of Princess HM end of February and then boom...I let it all go to waste. All that hard work back to damned flubber and it's all my fault.

It did not help that I went back on my long-acting anxiety meds as it tends to zap your motivation. BUT I am feeling better with no anxiety attacks. Yayness!!! The reasons I had anxiety issues will not be blogged in public but it has been a work in progress for about 18 months now. Nuff said. All of that mess is behind me/us and life is good. God has truly taken charge and I will listen from now on.

I started marathon training with the Cornbelt Running Club and I have a strength training program with The Get in Shape Girl. It's a complete package and I am loving being in control of me again. I do best when I have a set plan with goals. I want more than anything to finish a full marathon upright and even a smile on my face. I want to have a healthy body that is fit and fab so I can get through the rigors of marathon training and the race(s). I want to look and feel good. I want to be happy and I am on my way...again LOL.

Yesterday, Jim and I had a running date at the bike path after work and it was gorgeous! I was so sore from the ST early in the week and that worked itself out after I started running. We both agreed on a finishing time of 50 minutes. I set off and worked the lead out starting out with 2/1 intervals. After mile one I went to 1/1 intervals. Much better.

I finished up at 52 minutes for 4 miles and truly enjoyed the river, ducks, geese, runners, walkers, bikers and life. Life IS good!

Stats: 4 miles, 52:00:00 12:55 av pace, splits: 13:04, 12:53, 12:41, 12:54 and torching 360 cals to boot.

That was yesterday. This morning I did GISG arms, chest and core workout and oh boy. I will not go into detail exactly what the workouts are because I paid for them. They are soooooo worth it. I LOVE Kyra and she is so patient, firm, understanding and very knowledgeable. This morning I was swearing at her as my arms turned to jello and I was dripping with sweat and pleading for mercy. Dang you, GISG!!!!!!!! Thank you by the way. I love you!

So, I shall ponder what tomorrow's cardio will be and enjoy the evening.

Until tomorrow...

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment