Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Marathon Training Week 3 Day 3

This morning was my scheduled weekday 40 minute easy-ish run for fun (as I like to call it). Since hubby is home for the day I was able to ease out the door at leisure. I love that!

The thing I haven't mentioned is Sunday evening I fell in the basement cuz my nammies got tangled up with a walk thru baby gate we have up because of our dog. I fell hard on the floor and my upper chin landed on the gate. The first thing a runner does is QUICKLY evaluate the legs LOL. I hurt and almost passed out. BUT BUT all is well and there is just soreness with no bruising or swelling.

That made me a little nervous for this morning's run since it was the first since falling. After the first 1/2 mile I felt assured that all is good in my running world. Whew!

It was a gorgeous morning with a wonderful breeze. Folks wre heading to work and I was well...out running on a vacation day. Giddy!

I ran with my usual 2/1 intervals and it felt so easy. I was able to happily crank out about 3.2 miles which is pretty typical for me.

Stats: 3.2 miles; 40 mins (2/1 intervals); 12:35 av pace; 300 cals torched
Splits: 13:02, 12:08, 12:33, 12:23 (0.2 mi)

Next up another easy 40 min run early Friday morning. Love that! After that? 14 mile long run Sunday

Until then...

Toodles!

1 comment: