Friday, June 29, 2012

Marathon Training Week 4 Day 3

I decided today's run would be at a Tempo run pace so I can work on mentally getting through more difficult pacing for me. I also felt like working for negative splits which would be awesome. I was up at 5:15am and out the door by 5:30am which really isn't all that bad this time of year with so my daylight.

The first mile felt good with no muscle issues and the knee that I boogered up during my Sunday evening fall wasn't even noticeable at all. The only thing that bothers me with it is when I am on my knees doing exercises or looking for missing toy parts under the furniture LOL.

There weren't every many folks out but it was gorgeous and not as muggy as I thought it would be. It was unbearably hot yesterday but not so bad this morning. The sweating was doable and felt good. All in all it was a great run and very enjoyable.

Stats: 40 mins; 3.45 miles; 325 cals torched
Splits: 11:49, 11:44, 11:43, 11:10 (Looks and smells like negative splits to me!!!!!!!)

Yet this morning I will do my Friday GISG arms workout, rest day tomorrow and 14 mile run Sunday morning.

Until then...

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment