Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Marathon Training Week 3 Day 2





My two weekday runs are usually 40 minutes in length and today that was more than enough. I planned on running today's on the treadmill since its so stinkin hot outside but I decided to buck it up buckaroo and run outside. I donned my skimpiest running clothes I have, geared up and grabbed my handheld filled with ice water. At first of course it wasn't bad and I high tailed it down the road because I wanted to run this at a faster pace. I did pretty well and stopped in the shade when I had to as I was watching my heart rate.

After 2 miles I was home again and stopped in to cool down and fill my bottle again. I was back out and still had about 15 minutes to go. That is when the heat was starting to catch up with me. After perseverance I did it and finished pretty strong considering.

Stats: 3.37 miles; 40:05; 11:54 av pace; 302 cals torched
splits: 11:58 11:52 11:49 12:06

starting outside temp: 89 with 95 heat index winds gusting to 30 mph...acky poo! 


I glistened and Jim said I also smelled LOL LOL

Next up for tomorrow is my Get in Shape Girl legs workout and it look like a good challenge. I am looking forward to it!

In other news, I took my measurements after 2 weeks with Kyra and I like what I see. Here's the scoop: starting stats in parenthesis:

weight: 129.8 (131)
waist: 28.25 (29.5)
hips: 38 (38.5)
r) thigh: 22 (22.75)
r) knee: 13.5 (14)
r) calf: 12.25 (12.5)
l) thigh: 21.5 (21.5)
l) knee: 13.5 (14)
l) calf: 12.75 (12.75)
neck: 12.25 (12.5)
r) arm: 10.5 (10.75)
l) arm: 10 (10)
BMI: 22.3 (22.4)
Body fat%: 27.7 (29.6)
Lean Body Mass 93.9 (91.8)


That is just after 2 weeks, people!! I love it! My strength training is MWF for about 35 minutes and that is perfect. They can be pretty intense but I love the shorter time. Then my cardio is T Th Sun and that is running. Kyra wants me to stick with just running for cardio as she wants me to add muscle. After my marathon she will add another day of strength training. Yes, ma'am !


Another item of note is my running partner (and daughter-in-law) FINALLY registered for Goofy today. Disney World, are you ready for us again come January??? You better be!!

Bring it on, babee!!!

Until next time...

Toodles!!

6 comments:

  1. <3 I am formatting my blog as you type!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is ir pretty enough for you? LOL It has glitter and everything! Glitter is my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, EMily, glitter is gorgeous! It's glittery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a while since I've checked in, but it sounds like your marathon training is already going swimmingly! I really admire what you are doing, I would struggle so much with training in summer (marathon long runs at least) and 80+ degree temps! I'd take 25 degrees over that anytime, hahaha! Great work and keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. RB, you found me!!! Welcome to my new home and please feel free to grab your comfy chair, curl up, relax and enjoy!! I can't promise each blog will be "sit on the edge of your seat" exciting but hey...it will pass the time. Love ya, RB!!!

    ReplyDelete