Friday, June 15, 2012

Early morning run before work

I have to be honest that I have not run in our neighborhood like forever. Due to my busy HM racing schedule in 2012 and the recovery that comes after wards and the various 5k races the only training runs have been at our favorite bike path here in Moline.

Since I now have a regimented marathon training schedule AND a strength training program with the The Get in Shape Girl I am finding my way back to the basics including two 40 minute runs during the week. So far, I am loving it and I have found my mojo again. Welcome home, Mojo! I missed you so.

So this morning I was on our street by 5:30am and it was wonderful from the beginning. This is my roots to my running and it's like comfort food. I ran an easy 3.2 miles in 40 minutes time and every step was enjoyed greatly. What a way to start off a work day! I fully plan on doing this once a week along with the running date that Jim and I have set after work on the other weekday.

This Sunday morning at 7am sharp will be my second marathon training group long run with a whopping 12 miles. Let's rephrase that...JUST 12 miles. After running 19 Half Marathons things begin to feel routine. Thence, my hardcore desire to take on a Full marathon September 15 at the Air Force Marathon at Wright-Patt AFB located in Dayton, OH. That will be one monumental weekend. HUGE! More on that in a later post.

For now, I have tomorrow as a complete rest day in order to be fresh Sunday morning with my fellow Cornbelt Running buds.

That is it for now since your eyes are starting glaze over and THANK YOU if you have reached this far. I appreciate it!

Until next time...

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment